Tribal Air
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tribal Air

Team Forum, Tribal Airsoft of Fredericksburg, VA

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

October ?? Game by Bedford SOG

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
FQX
Admin
FQX

October ?? Game by Bedford SOG Empty
PostSubject: October ?? Game by Bedford SOG   October ?? Game by Bedford SOG Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 10:26 am

Hey Guys,

More information on the October Game from Rob.

The other game is the BOC put on by Bedford SOG in Lynchburg VA that's in October.
It's a traditional large milsim outdoor game we attend as a group each year (and always always run off seperate to do our own thing adn kick arse haha). Decent bunch there . More details when I can.
Back to top Go down
https://tribalair.forumotion.com
Rob

Rob

PostSubject: Re: October ?? Game by Bedford SOG   October ?? Game by Bedford SOG Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 12:51 pm

JOIN US!!!

Isabel and I will be driving down early morning of. We will be playing on the Winning side as normal. the Russians! OD and AKs.
We are planning on a breakfast meeting at IHOP 07:00am
IHOP 5500 Fort Avenue, LYNCHBURG, VA 24502-5318

Info thread: http://www.acmeairsoft.com/showthread.php?p=99125#post99125

Facebook Info Thread: https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=237097592991596

8 October 2011 - The Outdoor Campaign 5 - Nation Rising
Operation: The Outdoor Campaign 5 - Nation Rising
Where: Lynchburg, VA - Liberty University Police Department range
When: October 8, 2011
Cost: $15 (Paypal to paypal@brassairsoft.com or pay at the door)
Age Limit: 16+ (unless you have played at the BOC before)
Facebook - The Outdoor Campaign 5 Nation Rising

Time:Field opens at 8 AM
Registration/Chrono opens at 8:30 AM
Safety Briefing at 9:15 AM
Team briefings at 9:30
Game begins at 10 AM
Game Ends at 5 PM
Field Closed at 7 PM

Note: There are NO uniform/mag/gear restrictions!

The Outdoor Campaign 5 - Nation Rising
Storyline

The past...
1947 - US president Harry S. Truman's advisers urged him to take immediate steps to counter the Soviet Union's influence, citing Stalin's efforts (amid post-war confusion and collapse) to undermine the US by encouraging rivalries among capitalists that could precipitate another war

Britain, France and the United States unsuccessfully attempted to reach an agreement with the Soviet Union for a plan envisioning an economically self-sufficient Germany, including a detailed accounting of the industrial plants, goods and infrastructure already removed by the Soviets.

1948 - Soviet operatives executed a coup d'état in Czechoslovakia, the only Eastern Bloc state that the Soviets had permitted to retain democratic structures. The public brutality of the coup shocked Western powers more than any event up to that point.

Increased occurrences in intelligence and espionage activities, as well as Eastern Bloc defections and diplomatic expulsions become the order of the day .

1949 - Britain, France, the United States, Canada and eight other western European countries signed the North Atlantic Treaty in April, establishing the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO).

1949 - Mao's People's Liberation Army defeated Chiang Kai-shek's United States-backed Kuomintang (KMT) Nationalist Government in China, and the Soviet Union promptly created an alliance with the newly formed People's Republic of China

1953 – Several months after Stalins death, and the end of the Korean War, Nikita Khrushchev takes over the Soviet Union

1955 – Angered by the growing strength of the NATO countries, the Soviet led Eastern Bloc invades.

1960 – Europe and Africa fall to the Eastern Bloc. Arabic countries fall sign alliance treaty's with the Soviet Union

1965 – After years of no activities, the Soviet Union invades South America. The small and fiscally ruined nations quickly fall.

1966 – Central America awaits invasion and colonization.

1967 – The US and Canada prepare for assault from all sides.

1968 – The Soviet Union stands on the old Mexican/US border. Canada and the United States prepare for invasion. The Soviet Union pulls back and plays a “sit and wait” game.

1972 – February 19, at 2:35AM, Soviet forces pour over the entire Mexico/US border. They also infiltrate through the Bering Straight in to Alaska. Within a week Alaska is a charred wasteland..

1975 – Canada and the Unites States are occupied by the Soviet Union. However their occupation is not without issues. US/Canadians military groups and civilians have formed resistance groups. Guerrilla warfare ensues.

1980 – Fighting continues. Soviet hold appears secure throughout the world. But the North American resistance is fueling others across the globe.

1990 – A decade of resistance has left the fighting forces decimated. However worldwide resistance and support continues to grow

2000 – Glitches in Soviet computer systems wreak havoc in Soviet systems when the Y2K bug proves to be true.

2011 – Thirty plus years of insurgency have taken its toll on the Soviet held US territory. US resistance and attacks have increased in frequency and effectiveness. The Soviet machine is on the brink of losing control in the former Unites States. A nation is Rising!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Farm-Reality-Based-Training-wi
FQX
Admin
FQX

PostSubject: Re: October ?? Game by Bedford SOG   October ?? Game by Bedford SOG Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 10:29 am

I will be there, i think Nate will too
Back to top Go down
Rob

Rob

PostSubject: Re: October ?? Game by Bedford SOG   October ?? Game by Bedford SOG Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 10:33 am

Good deal guys.

FYI - I know Dan and I have about 90,000 .28g bb's for sale at $10 for 2,500 if you need them. Let us know.
Also selling my Nam gear sets (M56h+++) and various aeg's. From $100 and up.

We will be doing the ihop pregame meal. Join us.
Back to top Go down
FQX
Admin
FQX

PostSubject: Re: October ?? Game by Bedford SOG   October ?? Game by Bedford SOG Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 12:48 pm

Ok, so i ordered nate's and mine od green pants w/ knee-pads, shirts, and belts. Hopefully they will arrive before the game. i dont know about the shirts, bc they are on back order, maybe black will go with them, until we get them in?

Any idea about the weather for that weekend?

Back to top Go down
Rob

Rob

PostSubject: Re: October ?? Game by Bedford SOG   October ?? Game by Bedford SOG Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 9:53 am

FQX wrote:
Ok, so i ordered nate's and mine od green pants w/ knee-pads, shirts, and belts. Hopefully they will arrive before the game. i dont know about the shirts, bc they are on back order, maybe black will go with them, until we get them in?

Any idea about the weather for that weekend?

As of right now we are averaging 75 daytime temps and possibility of rain, snow, wind, sunshine or absolute end of the world darkness... eek Actually as you know predicting the weather around here is a no no. But I can say Isabel and I plan to game pretty much any weather except lightening strikes.

As for uniform, black and whites are always no goes. I mean an occasional piece like a belt, boots, goggle strap etc is ok, but any of shirts, pants, vests and hats in black stick out real bad. Better would be other green, other camo or brown.

I'm converting my od bdu blouse and an od/gree4n t shirt into a combat short as we speak. Basically adding the top of the blouse to the tshirt by removing the lower part of the blouse below the armpits. (I can't afford a real one like Dan haha)

See:http://kitup.military.com/2011/08/diy-combat-shirt.html
and
http://reflexivefire.com/2011/03/20/modified-bdudcu-uniform-shirts-for-hot-weather/

Side Note: Isabel and I plan to make paper MRE's for the game. Contact me for more info.
Cheap, easy, portable and yummy.
Back to top Go down
FQX
Admin
FQX

PostSubject: Re: October ?? Game by Bedford SOG   October ?? Game by Bedford SOG Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 9:03 pm

Sweet idea on the shirts, let me know how they turn out.

So dereak and james are coming too. so we have a good group.

Im interested in the paper MREs your were talking about. Can you I can seem to find it again on facebook.

Thanks

Mike
Back to top Go down
Rob

Rob

PostSubject: Re: October ?? Game by Bedford SOG   October ?? Game by Bedford SOG Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 11:15 pm

Excellent, wrote you on facebook a message on the mre's and more.
Back to top Go down
FQX
Admin
FQX

PostSubject: itinerary   October ?? Game by Bedford SOG Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 10:37 pm

Arrive at Mikes 9201 Rapidan Dr. Fredericksburg, VA 0330
Leave at Mikes 0400
Arrive at IHOP 5500 Fort Avenue, Lynchburg, VA 0700
Arrive at BedSog 4392 Candlers Mountain Road, Lynchburg, VA 0800
Field opens at 0800
Registration/Chrono at 0830
Safety Briefing at 0915
Team Briefing at 0930
Game begins at 1000
Game ends at 1700
Field Closes at 1900
Leave BedSog 1700-1900
Arrive at Mikes 2000-2200

Transportation: As of right now we will be taking my truck, 1997 Dodge Dakota. I can fit all four of y'all in there, just might be
a little tight. All gear will fit in the back, guns and such can go it the box (its water resistant) Might coax by
mom in to borrowing her 2005 Escape - but don't hold ye breathes.

Communication: You can email me at wertii.m@gmail.com, or call my cell 540-419-7785

Cost:

IHOP Breakfast ~$15 (Please bring what you think is sufficient)(Pay for yourself)
Gas ~$10-15 (I don't mind driving everyone, but please help out with gas)
Game Admission $15 (Don't Pay, Don't Play)
Lunch $__ (I am brown bagging it, I suggest you do the same. Note from Rob: (cheap) Paper bag (lunch size),
butter crackers (usually a mainstay they eat lots of hardtack and crackers), potted meat & vienna
sausages (deviled ham is potted meat, remove label it has salts and tons of calories that don't
require hard digestion or upset the tummy), small pack of cracker sticks with cheese spread, fruit
cup, juice box, plastic knife and spoon, napkin, clean towelette.)
Items for Sale $___ (Some people might have guns and gear for sale, if your in the market, bring what your interest.
Sales are generally cash only)
Dinner ~$10 (I'm thinking micky ds, or some other fast food, just winging it for dinner)

Other: Nathan, Derek, James, and I, will be heading down to Lynchburg for the game. We will meet up with Rob, Isabel, and
Dan, at IHOP. We will then head to the field. Nathan and I will be in OD green, I believe that Rob's crew will also be in
OD Green. After the game, we will return home. Please arrive at my place no lather than 0330 hrs. (Throw in some
extra gas money, and i can drop you off at your place.

Map found here:

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=9201+Rapidan+Dr.+Fredericksburg,+VA+22407&daddr=5500+Fort+Avenue,+Lynchburg,+VA+to:4392+Candlers+Mountain+Road,+Lynchburg,+VA&hl=en&ll=37.834734,-81.322174&spn=0.400218,0.880966&sll=37.85563,-78.405655&sspn=1.635101,3.56781&geocode=FZt9SQIdUChf-ynZSiPN1ZW2iTEKvfMyGk6F8A%3BFVpNOgIdK7NH-yl_1fs4bdqyiTHnHc3Vpg1oWQ%3BFYTFOQIdOOFH-ykHYR4Z7dqyiTGQfBnH6o16TQ&vpsrc=6&mra=ls&t=h&z=11
Back to top Go down
Rob

Rob

PostSubject: Re: October ?? Game by Bedford SOG   October ?? Game by Bedford SOG Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 2:46 pm

I sent Mike a basic tactical sheet with tactics, prep, contact drill and some hand signals.
Force him to print you a copy and memorize it.

I plan to run 2 squads on my side this event and WIN.

See 1st! Ambush! And live to fight.

Back to top Go down
Rob

Rob

PostSubject: Re: October ?? Game by Bedford SOG   October ?? Game by Bedford SOG Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 10:33 am

Game map as provided by Wil.
Special Note: I will be providing my usual maps to squads under my command, complete with magnetic corrected grid.
October ?? Game by Bedford SOG OC5Map1

Back to top Go down
Rob

Rob

PostSubject: Re: October ?? Game by Bedford SOG   October ?? Game by Bedford SOG Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 7:57 am

Update!
Weather is said to be pure Sunshine and 75 which is fantastic, BUT in the AM it will be around cold 43.
Remember this by dressing cool/light enough for the day but bringing items to keep from freezing in the morning while staging.

I usually bring a jacket for pre game and once we head out field to the game, put the jacket back in the car. Gloves in the am to keep hands from freezing are a good thing.

Things to think about... it is a mountain
stay hydrated
run light but with what you need
even though you can store items at your base... I have never returned to base for anything as I have never gotten shot and spent the entire day in field in stealth mode ambushing.

Here is one of my personal checklists to help you see if you forgot anything, yours may be different, this is just for ideas...

eyepro
aeg
backup aeg
battery
backup battery
battery adapters deans to mini, mini to large etc
magazines for aeg 1 and 2
secondary (pistol if carrying)
mags for secondary
gas for secondary
bb's for aeg and secondary
sling
holster
barrel cover
cases for aeg 1, 2 and secondary

boots
socks + extra
pants la police
knee Pads (inserts)
belt (duty 5.11 wide belt)
suspenders od
swim shorts
shirt OD (Updated to CBL + OD spare)
gloves OD
scrim (camo vs)
rollex watch + cover
emerson pocket knife
car key on lanyard

kill rag (white)
belt set (pouches double james speed ak, double james speed pistol, double flap pistol, holster, triple ak flap, dump, 2 drink bottle pouches, butt pack, suspenders)
ifak (pair down e kit to small moduale for weight)
mags ak 6
speed loader x2 + 450 rounds inside ea and additional 500 rounds for RPK (support gunner)
glock 17 mags 2 plus 26 rounds each
multi tool
ball compass
map (grid topo and sat)
pencil and note pad
phone (mapping gps in protective case)
sweat towel
strap fan
MRE
anti fog and cleaning cloth
spare glasses/goggles (for using if over fogging and need to switch out)
2 drink bottles
commanders radio and ear piece + batteries and spares (Brazz radioman?)
ambush kits, hemp twine dark, noise makers,
range finder
prune shears
stretch cover (scrim0

large duffle bag
chairs (2+ old one)
sun canopy
sales bin of goodies
sales aeg(?)
bin of sales BBs
cooler
gun rack
money
directions to ihop and from ihop to game and from game to home
Iz Dan and Brazzles MRES, and extra stuff
Back to top Go down
Rob

Rob

PostSubject: Re: October ?? Game by Bedford SOG   October ?? Game by Bedford SOG Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 11:22 am

Ruski style cheapo MRE

Scooby snacks, 2 packs cookies, 2 chewy granola bars, 1 cereal bar, butter crackers, potted meat, applesauce, sixlets, napkin, wetnaps, plastic utensils, paper bag and mondo fruit drink (not shown).

Cost $2.50

October ?? Game by Bedford SOG DSCF0199
October ?? Game by Bedford SOG DSCF0200

Back to top Go down
Itsahak

PostSubject: Re: October ?? Game by Bedford SOG   October ?? Game by Bedford SOG Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 2:03 pm

Guys I can't say how much I appreciate you attending! It was great to meet you and I hope you had an awesome time!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: October ?? Game by Bedford SOG   October ?? Game by Bedford SOG Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

October ?? Game by Bedford SOG
Page 1 of 1